Right now corn and tomatoes are in prime peak at the farmers markets, and priced well. I love corn on the cob, but it does a number on my teeth. I thought why not cut the corn kernels off the cobb and saute them with my favorite corn pasta. Corn on corn. Top it off with some summer tomatoes (anything kind(s) that appeal to you) and chives to freshen it up and make it aromatic. This dish is super light and easy to make. Some protein toppers to add in to compliment this dish well would be grilled chicken or shrimp, feta cheese, any fresh crumbly cheese. And for pasta - any kind will work, but I'm partial to my favorite Italian gluten-free corn pasta, Le Veneziane.
Corn Pasta with Fresh Summer Corn, Tomatoes, and Chives
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Corn kernels, cut from 3-4 ears of fresh corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tomatoes, about 1/2 pound, cut into medium dice (half or quartered if using cherry tomatoes)
- Corn Pasta Fettucce, 1 package/250 grams
- Fresh Chives, handful, chopped fine
- Using a large sauce pan, bring salted water to a boil for the pasta. Drop the pasta and stir to ensure it doesn't stick together.
- In a large skillet, heat up oil over low-medium heat. Saute the corn kernels with stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to skillet with corn. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and chives. Enjoy immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
This is part of Food Network's Sensational Sides Feast. Check out The FN Dish. This week we're focusing on corn on the cob. On twitter, we're tagging #SummerSoiree. Here’s the link to our Summer Soirée Pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/foodnetwork/lets-pull-up-a-chair/ Other amazing corn on the cob recipes to try out from our other friends:
Feed Me Phoebe: Grilled Corn on the Cob with Honey-Basil Butter
The Heritage Cook: Mexican Elote Corn Casserole (Gluten-Free)
The Cultural Dish: New England Seafood Boil
Dishing With Divya: Corn on the Cob with Roasted Garlic Herb Butter
Virtually Homemade: Grilled Corn with Tomato Basil "Butter" (Vegan)
Devour: 4 Cobs, 4 Ways
Daily*Dishin: Quick Thyme Corn Cobbettes
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Farmers Market Salad with Grilled Corn
Red or Green: Grilled Corn on the Cob
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Buttery Corn on the Cob
Weelicious: Cheesy Corn on the Cob
Domesticate Me: Charred Corn with Bacon, Chiles and Cheese (aka Mexican Street Corn Salad)
Swing Eats: Corn Pasta with Fresh Summer Corn, Tomatoes and Chives
Haute Apple Pie: Roasted Corn off the Cob Salad
Taste With The Eyes: Grilled Corn, Soy Mirin Glaze and Wasabi Goat Butter
In Jennie's Kitchen: Corn and Lemon Thyme Ice Cream + Homemade Creamed Corn
FN Dish: Off-the-Chart Corn on the Cob Recipes